Everett Trivia: Round 19
In case you missed it in our last podcast, every week we like to play a little Everett trivia. See if you can answer these questions correctly. You may not win a prize, but you'll win our love ❤️
From episode 89 of the Live in Everett Podcast.
Trivia questions generously provided by the Port of Everett.
1. In August of 1918, the Port of Everett signed its first lease for $86 per year to what company?
a. West Coast Shipbuilding Company
b. Puget Sound Nail
c. Steam Works
d. The Johnson Timber Company
2. Before the Puget Sound region had many roads, bridges or even railroads, people would generally travel around the area by steamships going from port to port. These “steamers” were so common — hundreds of them plied area waters — that they were dubbed what?
a. Seal Fleet
b. Mosquito Fleet
c. Wasp Fleet
d. Dolphin Fleet
3. In 1959, the Port of Everett was gifted Pier 3 from who?
a. The Great Northern Railway
c. City of Everett
d. Naval Station Everett
Answer Time! (No Peeking)
1. a. West Coast Shipbuilding Company
2. b. Mosquito Fleet
3. a. The Great Northern Railway
Want to do Everett trivia with us? Tune in to the Live in Everett podcast every Wednesday to play along. Or if pub trivia is more your thing, make you check out our Everett trivia guide.